Conserving energy helps the planet and saves money—so why don’t more people make the effort to do it? Maybe they don’t realize how easy it is or what an impact they can make on the environment by following simple conservation tips. If each person around the world did just one thing to save energy, it would make Earth a cleaner place with a healthier environment.
A recent report from consulting firm McKinsey found that the United States could save $1.2 trillion through 2020, by investing in improvements like sealing leaky building ducts and replacing inefficient household appliances with new, energy-saving models. That investment would cut the country’s projected energy use in 2020 by about 23 percent. Read more»
Easy Ways to Conserve Energy
1. Set your clothes washer to the warm or cold water setting, not hot
2. Turn down your water heater thermostat
3. Clean or replace air filters as recommended
4. Use less hot water by installing low-flow shower heads
5. Whenever possible, walk, bike, car pool, or use mass transit
Read on to find out how you can start making a difference now!