Energy4me? San Antonio? Yes, Please!
During many SPE events, there is an energy education feature with learning opportunities. The upcoming SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) is no different, 8-10 October 2012. Taking place in San Antonio, Texas, USA, there will be an Energy4me “Energize Your Classroom” teacher workshop and an Energy4me High School Student STEM event!
For the teacher event, San Antonio-area classroom teachers (grades 4-12) will attend a free one-day, energy education workshop. Educators will receive comprehensive, objective information about the scientific concepts of energy and its importance while discovering the world of oil and natural gas exploration and production! A variety of free instructional materials will be available to take back to the classroom.
Teacher Workshop Activities:
- A keynote speaker presentation.
- Technology tour of the world’s leading oil and natural gas technology exhibitions.
- Hands-on classroom activities with age-appropriate energy curriculum (provided by the NEED Project; all NEED learning activities are correlated to Texas’s science objectives and other disciplines).
- Teachers will receive a form at the end of the workshop for substitute reimbursement.
- Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
- There is no cost to attend the workshop thanks to a generous sponsorship from ExxonMobil.
During the High School STEM event, Students will participate in hands-on energy exploration experiments provided by the NEED Project, meet industry professionals, and tour the latest state-of-the-art technology exhibits in a scavenger hunt. Lunch will be provided. Because of the popularity of this program, ATCE can accommodate a total of 200 students and chaperones. There is no cost to attend the workshop thanks to a generous sponsorship by Encana.
Live in San Antonio? This is your chance to see Energy4me in action and the opportunity for you to learn valuable energy education activities, tips and more… all the while, discovering the story of petroleum and the many ways it shapes the world we live in! Join us!
Teacher Workshop, Apply to Attend HERE
High School Student STEM Event, Apply to Attend HERE